It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-01-22

Obama Notes

Historic Comparisons

People keep comparing Obama to Lincoln and Kennedy. They have valid points. I hope not so much the same.

  • Lincoln:
    • Divide the nation in two and have a civil war.
    • Assassinated.
  • Kennedy:
    • Cuban Missile Crisis. This ended up working out without nuclear war, but could have been handled better.
    • Bay of Pigs. Tell people to over through their own government and then completely abandon them when they do.
    • Assassinated.

I hope Obama both excels at and survives the presidency.

Bush Comparison

For all the ragging Bush gets, he did a pretty good job of keeping terrorists from attacking the U. S. mainland again. He took the fight to them. That is more than I expect from Obama.

Bush was boring except for the gaffs. it was his most notable attribute for stupid people to latch on to. Bush had the entire world media working against him. Bush is a bad public speaker. it was easy to pick and poke fun until every one got in on the act. It has become a running joke. I never thought it was funny. I was worried that the office of president would be hurt. At least that has not happened. It pains me when some official cracks some joke at Bush's expense and an American laughs at it. They know not what damage they do.

One thing I think Obama is doing correctly is keeping the web page and email list he built during his campaign running. Something I thought bush needed was a public relations manager working on his side. It looks like Obama will have one. That is smart. Not only does the legacy media like Obama, he is taking initiative to make sure it stays that way.

Oath

Obama screwed up the oath. They redid the oath in a more private session Wednesday 2009-01-21 evening just to be sure everything was nice and legal. This does not help the criticism that Obama is a puppet of the Democratic party and cannot perform without a Teleprompter.

Race

Obama is of mixed race. I believe his father was 100% black and his mother was 100% white. Wait, can that be? Is any one a purebred? No, I think if you dig deep enough you will find a bit of just about everything in the wood pile. I really wish the world would redefine the word 'race'.

No comments: