It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-01-13

Kinder Garden

This morning I sat outside the office waiting for someone with a key to show up and let me in. I was bundled up from the cold with a thick jacket, muffler, and a stocking cap. I sat on the floor leaning against the wall looking out over a huge enclosed atrium that stretches the entire hight and length of our building right down the middle. The sun was coming up and reflecting at many beautiful angles off the different tints of glass on the inside walls of the atrium.

It reminded me of waiting for kinder garden back in Kansas. I used to get dropped off at school in the morning. I would then head for a specific stair well with all the other little kids and wait. The older kids went up stairs to class. The outside of the building was red brick. This is probably why I like red brick. I did not particularly enjoy kinder garden. It was full of do and don't situations that I really never got the hang of.

One day the teacher busted out crying in the middle of class. i turns out her father had died. She got  the call early that morning, but it didn't hit her until the middle of class what had happened. It was my first experience with hysteria.

A kid made a hamburger out of playdo that looked like a real frigging hamburger, pickles and all. I thought it was very well done and was amazed at his talent. Then he took a bite out of it and spit the play doe in the same can we got it from. I didn't much like playing with it after that. I lost any fascination with art and artists in general.

I don't remember the details, but I remember the emotion of wondering why it hurt when a girl laughed at me, and I could care less when a boy made fun of me. I did get in to fights.

We played ring around the rosy and one of the older kids explained that it was really a game about a plague. I remember not really understanding, but I remember the words. I understood them later.

Someone wrote a book about the important things people learn in kinder garden. Froyed was all about the important influences learned at a young age. He gave several generations the excuse of blaming their parents for everything they perceive as wrong in their lives.

No comments: