It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-12-23

Very Local News

  • There are a couple new drinks up Chicago way.
    • Blagoiavitch (Tastes like evil.)
    • Sennett Seat
    • Impeach. ... I wonder if it is peach flavored.
    • I'm waiting for the Bleep.
  • Oh, my God. they are talking about changing the way contracts work. Regulating the market for loans, credit and other contracts like consumer products like toys and makeup. I just don't think it will work. I cannot put my head around it. I'll have to ponder the question a while.
  • Now that the U. S. has  bailed out the car industry. Now Europe and the U. K. are going through the throws of bailing out an industry on the skids.
  • Honda is talking about pulling out of Japan. How messed up is that? The Yen is too strong to make money based in Japan.
  • I was cold as all get out most of the morning. Just before lunch, the sun came out. I don't think the temp changed a bit inside the office. I felt much warmer.
  • Russian men have an average life span of 59 years. That is compared to something like 76 for American Men.
  • $600,000,000 in remittances to one single province in Ecuador last year. That is dropping massively. People living in the U. S. cannot afford to live much less send money back home. People are coming back to Ecuador from the U. S. only to  find cheep immigrant labor from other countries having taken the available jobs. it sounds like the whole system is backing up.
  • At lunch I walked the parking garage roof. The wind was blowing like mad. There was some kind of work going on behind Target. I could not tell what. A ton of sirens first traveled north on Willcrest and then East on Richmond. There were a unusual number of sounds all around. I do not know if the air was extra wet and dense to carry sound better or not. There were more sirens after I got to my office. No idea what was going on. or where the trouble originated.
  • My goodness it was difficult to stay focused at work today.  I was able to finally work on some scripts and old low priority bugs. I got some things done. They needed doing. It was hard working on the day before Christmas Eve doing some mindless stuff. Yikes. I kept thinking of things to write on the blot and then thinking those things were terrible.
  • I haven't had a chance to take a picture of the sunset in a while. Between the weather and holiday, it will be a while before I have the chance again. The world will move on.
  • We had tea time this afternoon. It was more like a happenstance where Lance and I were both getting afternoon coffee at the same time. People just kind of showed up from that point.We, Lance, Bill, Rebecca, Woody (for two minutes) and myself covered what we all plan on doing over the coming holiday and week. We all have diverse things going on. Some are traveling. Some are lazying out.

No comments: