It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-12-12

Very Local News

  • I cannot get the date right today. There is something about 12-12 that just throws me off.
  • Looked up how to visually distinguish different PCI slots. It is a mish-mash of notches and random key-like designs. In the process found out PCI-Express 3.0 is coming next year or so. It is the same kind of connector with extra bits and more lanes for data. Looks different. This is how regular old PCI got so complex and random looking.
  • Remember me complaining about a screw-ball problem with "Monitor Insomnia"? Well, it turns out to have something to do with the ATI cards. I just happened to replace one of the boxes video card with an nVidia card and the trouble went away on that box. It is now a matter of upgrading drivers for the ATI cards or swapping them out. It may boil down to dealing with the wavy lines.
  • I have had a headache all day. I woke up with a headache five minutes before my alarm was to go off. I took a couple aspirin, but they barely touched it.

No comments: