It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-12-07

Hulu

The web page hulu.com has changed my viewing habits. As I type this, several shows are playing on Fox that I would normally watch. Nat takes the good TV on Sunday night. Soon the crappy TV will not even work. I have gotten upset in the past that I would miss my shows on Sunday night. Then came LOST. I couldn't wrench the TV from Nat two nights a week.

The solution is to not watch TV at all. I now catch the shows on hulu a couple days later. There are a couple different sites. LOST is on ABC I think it is. Whatever. I'll look it up when it matters.

Right now I'm catching up on blogs. I'm listening to my computer read me a pretty good argument saying legalize drugs and tax the crap out of them. Make drugs pay off the financial crisis. Turn the IRS loose on illegal drug dealers. I've heard it all before. I like it.

Nat is watching some ridiculous evening soap opera. She breaks in every so often to give me some fact about her show. I just can't follow it. If I go sit next to her I will fall asleep.

Elle is supposed to be cleaning her room. It sounds like she is goofing off to me. Nat and Elle spent hours yesterday evening cleaning up her room. Nat was not very happy about the state of Elle's room only hours later.

One of the best things about hulu and other online sites is the same thing that is good about TiVo and other DVR systems. You can pause things. As one of the guys at work said "You can pause your show, deal with your wife's shit. Then get back to where you left off." Some of the guys also like holding off on football games until the last 45 minutes and then fast forward through many hours of crap to watch the action bits. This is what that half field league was supposed to be about. They missed the mark by miles. People don't want glitz. They want action and content.

I'm off to catch the last ten minutes of 'Family Guy' on legacy TV.

No comments: