It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-12-08

Fedora Freaked Again

I installed Fedora 10, upgrading from 9 using the DVD. This is the recommended method. All was well for a couple of days. I did a yum update. When I attempted to reboot the machine after the successful update the screen simply read "GRUB" and nothing else. The only thing pressing keys did was eventually make the computer beep.

I booted using the Fedora 10 DVD and told it to upgrade. Then selected "replace boot loader" or whatever it says. This recreated the GRUB configuration and possibly the versions of the software. I don't know. It worked on the first try. That never worked before. I've tried it many times in similar situations. Stubbornness pays off.

What am I to do for Fedora 11? I mean, there is nothing to be done for upgrading. I must delete all and install new to avoid the black screen of death at boot. What is the point?

No comments: