It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-11-14

Broke

I'm getting very tired of walking. I should not complain because we just may end up loosing the house in the next couple of years. i can't pay for two home owners associations and ever increasing taxes on top of repairs with Elle's dental work and dance lessons and every other damn thing. It is just not going to work out. We will have a hard time getting an apartment with our collective credit score and the separation trouble from past apartments. I'm sure we are on a black list somewhere. This is what they mean when they say hard times. I have a job making like sixty thousand a year and we are going to be homeless or live in a neighborhood where we can't walk down the street.

It is not going to get any better soon. The powers that be are worried intently about deflation. That is the act of prices going down on a regular predictable basis. People say "Why buy anything or start a business now? Prices are dropping so I will save money or make less money in a new business if I just wait." This kills the whole idea of an economy. We have become dependent on long term growth, or the gentle increase in prices over the long term, for our economic survival.

My family and I may loose our home.

I have no faith in a new president to do anything to prevent this. Mark my words, the only change he is about is changing his mind. He is a young man so he just might live long enough to become a real embarrassment like Carter. What do I know? I'm far too worried about the bills to care any more.

I only marginally feel in my bones that a Democratic congress will do anything much anything that helps my family stay in our homes. I have no faith in our government to even protect the country from invasion, terrorist attack, or economic implosion. I just don't trust those bastards (R, D or whatever) to make any hard decisions without consulting their campaign managers first. Do you suppose Bush is so unpopular because he has had to make unpopular decisions? That couldn't possibly be it.

So, what am I cutting back on? Everything. I have not eaten out for lunch in ages.I tried cutting back to once a week just to maintain some face time with the coworkers, but that didn't work out. I take the bus, which costs me nothing at the moment because I'm disabled. Nat and I do not go out for dates any more. At all. Ever. Let me tell you, that wares quickly. I don't go to Faire any more. That is a combination of cost and stress. Nat paid for her own iPod stuff, but I haven't paid for much electronic stuff above a RAM upgrade and recently a USB sound card for work ($8). We got some money from the insurance for the fence, but that is going for Elle's dance lessons and dental work.

I've always been on the thrifty side. I've never been too proud to ware second hand cloths. I've never been in to bling. Nat is pretty much the same way. We have a Toyota Carola. We live in a modest place. My grandparents grew up in the great depression. I hope Elle isn't the same. Those are hard lessons to learn. I remember reading a quote somewhere "The bank is too broke to foreclose." That is frightening.

Looks like Nat may have some medical expenses coming up.That sucks. There are a couple of medical expenses out there I've never paid. I hate saying that. I don't want to stiff any one. I don't feel like I'm getting away with anything. I just plane don't have it. UTMB is closing some shops up in Galveston. They site Hurricane Ike damage and overall money woes. Trust me, we feel your pain. GM is talking bankruptcy. So is Chrysler. If Ford were not in bed with a bunch of Europeans, they would be dying too.Ford probably is in the toilet. Who knows any more.

No comments: