It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-10-03

Very Local News

  • I left work a bit early yesterday. I was feeling bad and had to take care of some things.  I left at 16:30, a full hour and a half before I would normally. I still got my eight hours. Got home and fell asleep. Stayed asleep until this morning. Nat had to run my snoring butt off the couch to bed.
  • When walking in this morning I crossed the street, walking on the north side of the main road. The grass had been cut. The south side is not cut yet. Just as I got to the bus stop, I noticed the tractors readying in an open field. Looks like the south side is next.
  • The EU gives a minimum of 20 weeks of paid maternity leave. That is not to say every company in the EU does this. Germany is 14 weeks. The UK is 26 weeks. As low as the birth rate is, you would think they would want more.
  • PowerPoint is a very impressive way to say nothing in a confusing and time consuming manor.
  • The Democratic vice presidential candidate compared the cost of rebuilding Afghanistan to the cost of the war effort in Iraq to make it sound like a huge difference. He is a politician.
  • What are you supposed to do when you are so afraid to wish for fear it will come true? I have bad memories in my head. They torment me constantly. No one wants to hear my problems. It's why this blog only has six readers. I do so enjoy complaining. Where would we be without complaining? Noe one has to read it. I'm glad so many people exorcise their rights these days.
  • Elle is at her grandmother's this weekend.
  • It pisses me off when the media all but calls people racist out of one side of their mouth and then says that son-and-so needs um-teen percent of the <insert ethnic group> to win some election. Hypocrites. Identifying a group and saying they are a specific way or going to do a specific thing because of the defining group attribute is bigotry.  Forget the fact that it might be accurate.
  • Artists like playing long shrill saxophone notes. It makes them feel alive. It hurts my ears and makes me think of the noise made when stepping on a cat's tail.
  • Someone brought in a bunch of songs to work that are classic-peppy rock songs in Chinklish. They sound a bit like someone who is good at karioki. "On Top of the World" came out "top of the word".

No comments: