It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-10-27

Very Local News

  • The news said the congress was about to take a look at the unemployment numbers. Hey, that's great. Congress doesn't want to really solve the problem. They are hooked on cheap labor same as the companies. Remember, the 6.1% that came out recently only covers legal workers. No one counts the unemployed illegal workers. I have a suggestion two.
    • When people are found to have employed illegal workers, make the employers pay those workers back taxes.
      • Put a lot of small companies out of business. Loudly.
      • Prevent people from heiring legal employees after having employed illegal workers.
    • When a company outsources a job, or could employ someone stateside, the company gets to pay U. S. income tax and social security on that job.
      • Will cause the export of entire companies if not industries.
      • Might lead to a Value Added Tax sort of structure. The U. S. doesn't want that.
  • I ate mostly MREs accented with eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast. I feel great. Normally I have a standing stomach ache from all the great barbecue I wolf down over the weekend. It is good food, it is just a lot to meat. This Monday however, I was 100% in good shape. Nat and I finally got fed up with the bouncy air mattress and just slept on the cots. That was an improvement. This kind of worries me. I also had zero soda this weekend and one really good beer (thanks Adam).  I had a bout fifteen sips off different alcohols. People share. I can't be rood. I slept like a log and was ready to go Monday morning.
  • OPEC is cutting back in order to jack up prices. Bastards. They are terrified of over doing it. In Brion, 60% of the price of fuel is tax and duty at the moment. OPEC, fortunately for us, cannot enforce its own rules very well. Every time they tighten the spigot, someone, if not every one, breaks ranks to make a buck. Now Russia and Iran are getting in to the act with natural gas. Europe is shaking in her boots. Trust me.
  • There is more in the news (podcasts) about Africa every day it seems. Africa has always been a hotbed of triumph and conflict. Many of the stories are personal stories of tragedy. Some genuine horror has occurred in spots.  Some beautiful things have happened too. I'm not as interested in becoming outraged. I like listening to the stories about the politics that happen because it makes me feel better about the middle school crap that continues to flare in politics in the U. S..
  • Dr Who was designed  by comity in 1963. It was purpose built for the audience at home on a Saturday night. Sometimes comities can work.
  • 100ct08. What the hell does that mean? Oh, the tenth of October 2008. That makes much more sense. That is one of those things that can throw you when you are not expecting it.
  • Got home at 20:15. For all the time I spent at work, I got little acomplished. I did learn how not to set up a virtual machine or two. Should have better luck tomorrow.
  • Elle needs some dentle care.

No comments: