It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-10-12

Very Local News

Before Faire
  • Yee-gads. They made a movie about the recount in Florida in 2000. What a nightmare. It is done by HBO. Kevin Space is in it. Please, let's kick this dead horse one more time. Maybe if his character goes nuts and started cutting bits off people, but no such luck I'm sure.
  • The BBC came to the US and managed to find (and interview) some people who wanted to vote Republican and had good and bad things to say about both tickets. Bloody foreigners. =]
  • I fought yesterday to get Evolution working at work. Evolution supports IMAP calendars and contacts on the server. We use web mail on the mail server. That's great. However, we do not have the calendar, tasks and contact stuff on the server. All the effort I did to finally get the software functioning was for nothing. Who the hell has time to make it work?
  • I got an email early this morning from CNN. "Stocks fall 500 points in the first five minutes of trading." I laughed. I laughed that nerves troubled laugh one laughs when one is stressed and worried about the future.  Then I got the email from Click2Houston that said the Dow had dropped 600 points and was below 8,000. I gave exactly the same laugh. It is my canned response these days. My stomach hurts, but not from laughing.
  • Life sucks then you die. I wonder if the afterlife needs IT people?
  • I went to McDonald's for lunch and got 2 double cheese burgers and a side salad. It took thirty minutes to get my bag of food. I got half way back to the office, now a bit late, and figured out I didn't get the frigging salad. I so didn't want to dealt with the restaurant that I just blew it off. That really pisses me off.

No comments: