It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-10-13

13 news chopper goes down

My friend is a camera man on one of the news 13 helicopters. He told me all about it This past weekend at Faire. I just walked over and asked him to talk to me out of the blue. He told me about the vacation he and his wife are headed for this week. He told me about cool opportunities he is working on and he told me about his new job at Channel 13 flying in one of the helicopters operating the cameras. He seemed to really enjoy it. He described some of the nuances of 95% boredom and 4% exhilarating excitement and 1% terror. He didn't put numbers on it. I made those up.

Lord Phoenix was not on board the chopper that crashed Monday.

He took a bunch of our wedding pictures. He is a just plane cool guy. His wife is nuts, but he likes her just the way she is. The rest of us do too.

I get news alerts at work because I don't have internet and the radio doesn't work worth a darn. I don't have time for it anyway. I get the following email.

Channel 13 Helicopter Crashes In Woods
A Houston television station's helicopter crashes while covering breaking news

Followed by the this in short order.

Pilot, Photographer Die In News Helicopter Crash
A pilot and photographer on board a Houston television station's helicopter die
when it crashes while covering breaking news in Montgomery County.

Right after the first mail, I called a couple friends trying to get hold of Phoenix because I do not have his number. I forgot to get it at Faire. I got a call back from Johnny who said he got hold of Phoenix. Things were good. He had been at work, but on the ground taking care of things there.

Anyway, "whew!!"

No comments: