It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-09-08

Very Local News

  • Liz Lockhart, the traffic person on NPR in Houston, sounded like the operator character that comedian had all those years ago.
  • The bus driver this morning tried to take a left down Westheimer Parkway. The other guy and I jumped out of our seats. He was new to the rout. I thought for sure they changed the rout on me again. I wonder if the Brier Forest branch got closed down.
  • Countrywide is still making home loans. Only, now, you have to document that you have a job and your credit. In other words, you have to prove to the bank that you can pay the mortgage back. I would not be able to get the loan I have now if I tried to get it today.
  • Washington Post Associate Editor ... = bullshit.
  • A 200 kg (450 lb) tuna might go for $8500 in the Japanese market. Tuna can swim at 112 kph (55 mph). Half a million tons of tuna make it to Japan a year.
  • Garry Colman hit some guy's foot with his truck at a bolling ally. I forgot that Colman ran for governor of California at some point. Can you believe this crap makes the news. It did make me giggle a bit.
  • Google is worth as much as Bowing, McDonald's and FedEx combined. Not bad for a ten year old.
  • Gustav hit New Orleans a week ago. The power is still out in some places. Will it survive the next round? Will people still want to leave? Will the next one hit us here in Houston?
  • I work with a bunch of working rich people. They have mostly all bought houses in the last year or so.  Some are looking for houses. I am both not rich and broke. They stack in my case.
  • I want the election to be over. If only, because I want something else to dominate he news. That could be bad. I'm caring less and less every story.
  • Discussions during the work day
    • Houses
    • Beer and wine and vodka and where to put the keg.
    • Hurricanes. One week since the last one and we are looking at another headed right for us.
    • Pringles are expensive, but squish resistant.
  • Nat was under the weather so I walked home from the bus stop. I then mowed the back yard in the dusk light. I didn't even pass out. I'm almost proud of myself. I need to get used to this sort of thing for Faire season.

No comments: