It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-09-23

Trailer

Nat is warming up to the idea of a small trailer. She went by the U-Haul place to get a box or two and noticed the advertisement about trailer hitches and small trailers behind small cars. Yes! I like the idea because it means we can get by without a truck or SUV for a while.

The trailer I have my eye on is 4x6. I'm pretty sure we could haul some 4x8 sheets of plywood in it if need be. It has a 2000 lb weight limit and most likely a 200 lb ball weight limit. That is standard for all those little cars.

Mainly I want to use it for things like Faire. We could pack tent, tables, chairs, coolers, propane,  grill, camp box full of the little crap all on the trailer. Leave the trunk for cloths and soft goods including food or whatnot. As long as things are packed evenly, this setup would put us nowhere near the limits.

It will also come in handy when doing anything around the house. We can't cart home a set of shelves right now because the car won't hold them. Well, that and we are broke.

I'm going to have to store the trailer in the back yard. The only way I have to get it back there is to carry it through the gate. Not sure I can do that. Maybe when we rebuild the fence, I can put in a hidden wide gate somewhere. Now, that is a thought.

No comments: