It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-09-03

Today's free verse

I'm not good at writing poetry. I have no gift for observation or description. I have no mastery of deductive reasoning or rhetoric in general. I'm good at sleeping occasionally. That I can do more often than not.

I stumble when I walk because of allergies. I do not know how to communicate. I can't drive. I will not let myself win for fear of loosing. I move on. I keep going.

My contacts will not sit straight. My knees and ankles hurt. There is something wrong with my left foot related to a needle I stepped on many years ago. I cough a lot. I still mow my own yard, though, that is because I am cheep.

I refuse to call on the neighboring field, though it has been a year since it has been mowed. I want Nat to do it because I want to depend on her.

I listen to the news because I need to be up to date. Not for the sake of information, but because I am afraid of missing something. I'm like the dog that just wants on the other side of the door because there is a door that you can be on the other side of.

The clouds were all freaked out this morning. They made odd shapes even for clouds. Long thin trails that looked almost like smoke trails leading to the horizon caught the first morning sun just for the hell of it. I'm sure it has something to do with the hurricane. The mosquitoes were out in force, taking advantage of those distracted by the clouds I'm sure. I felt myself hate the people in the cars speeding by. It isn't their fault they have no time to stop and smell the roses.

Me, I like sleeping. especially in my Natalie's chamber.

No comments: