It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-09-18

Things I learned about splitting wood

  • Even with a chainsaw and a hydraulic wood splitter, splitting wood is the hardest work I've ever done in my life. I was light headed and shaking for physical exertion. If I split one log a week, I would be in better shape than I am now by far.
  • People from centuries past were better than we are today if they cut and split wood.
  • Why have I not been doing push-ups? I need to do my frigging9ing push ups every day.
  • If you want to get young men to stay in school, hand them a sledge hammer, a couple wedges and a truck load  of wood to split. My father and I nearly did ourselves in splitting like four chunks of wood this afternoon, with a splitter. yikes.
  • People frigging disappear when wood splitting starts.
  • Green wood, dry wood, it is all hard work. It doesn't matter.
  • Brace the splitter against the curb for better balance while cranking.
  • I can bend the pipe handle on the wood splitter.
  • I was so very glad to get the text message to come in this afternoon. I don't mind working a half day. Just as long as it is not splitting wood. I may not be able to make a fist tomorrow.e

No comments: