I would like to use google docs for editing my blog stuff, but I
cannot. It will not let me save embedded objects. That is how you put
videos on your site. I mean, you can't even save them that way. The
code just goes away. This is one limitation of Google docs I can live
with. There are plenty. Google docs definitely permits data retention.
That is a real need of mine that I only just came to terms with.
Ike taught me that I need to rethink my personal document needs. I
need a way to have my documents on demand from places where I can
access the internet. Carrying a key-drive around is no substitute for
access. Before I start this infinite data collection, I need to make
sure I can download the information in a usable form and store it
locally in case google goes the way of Enron and just drops from the
scene over night.
- Doctor/medical information
- Test results
- Research and links.
- House information
- Computer information
- Notes about dealing with places like the phone company and energy company et al.
- Ticket numbers of events to establish a history of habitual
crap that I want fixed.
- Diary (log) of events.
- When I call the owners or the county on the field next to my house.
- When I call on Westheimer to get it mowed.
- When I call the cops on the racers and the results.