It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-08-25

Very Local News

  • Regular Expressions are slow. I mean they are orders of magnitude slower than other kinds of searches that almost do something similar. Trouble is, nothing else does what Regular Expressions do.
  • Chocolate covered bacon. It is not just in my dreams any more.
  • Spent most of the afternoon installing archaic versions of OSs on new boxes to build old versions of software. My head is still spinning.
  • Got home and mowed the back yard at dusk. Hardly romantic. Just hot and worrisome. The mower is rapidly aging. I need to take it where someone who knows what they are doing can sharpen the blade and pull maintenance to the engine.
  • Firefox has this screw-ball delay on my home system. It just stops for a second every dozen or so. The sound on media objects keeps going, but the video simply stops for a bit. It is annoying. I know it is Firefox because the media stuff plays fine outside of the browser. Things only get sketchy inside.

  • Bus

  • Ambulance (not on a call)

No comments: