It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-08-19

Very Local News

  • I had to do something kind of dangerous at work today. I had to swap out chairs. There are issues around chairs at my work. I found one no one was using and swapped out my squeaky chair for a crappier chair that doesn't squeak.
  • In Open Office 2.3, when I leave a odt (Open office Document Text) file open for a couple of days the system begins to degrade. The moment you close all Open Office documents and then reopen them things come back. I'm not too upset about this. There were all kinds of problems in 2.0. I use OO 2.4 at the house, but I never leave anything open for more than a couple of hours, tops.
  • I wonder if I should keep a secret diary that has all the real dirt that I cannot talk about on this blog. What do you think? It should only come out after my death. The dates could be cross referenced and the whole story might then be known. Of course, you know it would be discovered before my death and bit me in the ass.
  • I had Ramen noodles again. I'm starting to like have had something to eat at lunch. This will cut in to my walking in the parking garage time. Shame really. I enjoy it so. I cook and eat the noodles quickly then catch tome time to myself in the heat and sprinkling rain.
  • There was a guy being interviewed on one of the BBC podcasts who had a stutter. I couldn't listen to it. Perhaps I could have followed him if I had time to stop and really listen, but I was at work and it was just too detracting. I would have liked to hear what he ad to say because they were talking about recession in Briton.
  • Woolworth (Wooly's) is still alive and loosing money in Briton. It has an entertainment division that makes CDs or something. Who knew?
  • I have podcasts from both Friday and Monday that I listened to while working today. Half say the president of Pakistan was denying he was going to resign. The other half said he had resigned. I was walking out the door on my way to the bus stop Monday morning when I first heard the news.on NPR.

No comments: