It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-08-02

Very Local News

  • I think I heard that 757 aircraft use 20% less fuel than a 737 and carries 20% more cargo. This is why FedEx is switching planes. I can't verify this because the information went by on the radio. I can't rewind to check the numbers. I need a TiVo for my radio and phone on the fly. Hey Apple, get right on this. Chop chop!
  • It has been one year since the bridge collapse in Minnesota. It seems longer. That's strange because 9/11 happened seven years ago and it feels like two or three, tops. It really does not seem like I started working on Y2K stuff ten years ago, but here we are.
  • Jake, the other guy in the same office as me, is in the office so rarely any more because of his tasks that people don't bother calling his number before paging him these days.
  • Those boots I got a couple weeks ago do not hurt my feet any more. I used a pumas stone to ware down some seem threads that were digging in to the back of my heal as I walked. That helped a lot.  I hope the tops of the boots don't come off, but they were quite unwearable there for a bit. I wish now I had gotten the 11 instead of 11 1/2, or at least convinced myself better that 11 1/2 is the correct size. I wonder if the boot leather stretched or something along those lines.
  • Ford may start to offer 72 month loans ... on cars. I don't remember a Ford that lasted six years.
  • Teatime:
    • Contacts. Nearly every one at the teatime meeting either wore glasses, contacts or has had eye surgery. I'm all three.
    • We all have nightmare stories of registering for collage courses.
    • One of the new guys wanted to talk about health care. He was a Pelosy fan. I had to restrain myself.

No comments: