It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-08-03

Batman the Dark Knight

So, there we were, watching the show and I kept remembering all the reviews comparing The Dark Knight to this that and the other political theme. Comparing the whole "what must be done" theme that is ramped in Bat Man to the Bush administration. Comparing the bad guys to politicians. Comparing the city to real cities when Gotham is all cities. Frankly it is all a bit drug out.

Heath Ledger did s wonderful job of playing the Joker. I cannot praise him enough. I remember the director of one of the plays I was in said "you put your best actor in the villain slot."

I don't care what the intended symbolism was. Batman was a great movie. Not great as in better than good. I mean great as in up there among great movies. I'd make a list, but it is like three in the morning and I'm brain dead.

No comments: