It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-07-31

Very Local News

  • The NPR weather reporter this morning said "good riddance" to July. I kind of liked July.
  • Someone testified before congress in 2000 that if Fanny May and Freddy Mac were aloud to participate in sub-prime loans, the tax payer would end up bailing them out. The bill before congress right now is a real bail out for the inverters, not the home owners.
  • I've looked at new video cameras. I want an HD video camera that records to SD or hard drive that is very cheap. I found one, but people complained it was flimsy and had a crappy lens. What do I expect? Miracles I suppose.
  • Some schools are talking about going to a four day week. I love that idea. I would like to do four days a week. I've blogged about it before.
  • Extreme home make over fixed up someone's house to a mini mansion a couple years ago. All the labor and supplies were donated. Even the mayor of the town pitched in. The idiots who lived there mortgaged the house for four hundred thousand and now cannot make the payments. The mayor said (from memory) "It is aggravating having done all that work and they just squander it." No good deed goes unpunished.
  • Someone from Monty Python was being interviewed and mentioned Always Look on the Bright Side of Life. I had it stuck in my head for hours. Not so bad really. It gave me a bright outlook for a while.
  • Titan is bigger than the planet Mercury.
  • I learned a new term today. 'Gay Chicken' It is where two guys move in like they are going to kiss each other and the first one to flinch looses. You know, you can both loose that game.

No comments: