It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-07-29

Very Local News

  • The federal gas tax is 18 cents a gallon. Some want to raise it to 27 cents a gallon and then adjust it for inflation from then on.  People are driving less. I've blogged about this before. Electric cars will not appear until we tax them in such a way as to pay for road and transportation infrastructure. I foresee tolls. Lots of tolls.
  • In an interview with an American journalist in China for the Olympics, I found out that the 'freedom' of the press really is being limited. There was mention of journalists being thrown to the ground and China was called a police state more than once. A list was given of things that just might happen during the games. It sounded like there is a school of thought that all the quiet that has been going on will end when people have the chance to disrupt the games for their cause. I can just feel the tension.
  • Got some web stuff done today at work. Got some release stuff done too. Worked on a static vs shared library issue that went no where. Well, I learned a bit. More tomorrow.
  • I'm watching season ten of Top Gear again. Just because I can. It was one of the better seasons. I like the endurance race and the trek across the spine of Africa. Good old Oliver.

No comments: