It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-07-01

Very Local News

  • FLDS is selling apparel online.
  • eBay lost the case for allowing the sale of counterfeit name brand goods. This is bad for eBay. I'm not sure how they can police that without just cutting off swaths of sellers. I remember a car dealer hitting eBay and finding several stolen headlight kits.
  • I'm getting tired of hearing about Zimbabwe. Things are in a bad way over there. People are dying because they do not agree with the leaders. That is scary.  What pisses me off is that no one seems to be doing anything concrete about the problems. "Please refrain from kill people who don't vote for you, or we will as very nicely again." It is another situation where the West bitches and waits for the bad guy to die rather than doing something about it. It makes me think that kicking Saddam out of Iraq was a good thing just on principle.
    • The inflation rate in Zimbabwe is nearing 4,000,000%. How messed up is that?
  • Talk of the Nation podcast is boring. Then they have a show about comedians. That isn't even as interesting as I had hoped. Three or four chuckles, tops.
  • The Today Show podcast is far too up for me. They have too much fun. I'm not the target audience. That and they have the weather in the podcast which makes no sense considering most people listing to the podcast are a day behind and a continent away.
  • GM closed at a 33 year low last Thursday. They say the rumors of breaking up GM are hogwash. That is what soon to be broken up companies say. Doesn't GM employ like a hundred thousand people in the U.S.? I can't wait to find out what those folks are going to do come the end of unemployment.
  • A muskrat dug a hole through a levy and flooded a large group of homes. Frigging muskrats.

No comments: