It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-07-12

My blog is to sexy for flash

The video below about 6.8 mm weapons, I had to grab that video off a blog. There was not an "embed" option on the video itself and I could not find jack on Military.com. I have this plug in in Firefox called 'web developer' and 'extended clipboard' that allows me to copy as text or HTML. I use copy as text for most everything. It cleans out the extra crap that gets in the way of just putting the information where I want it. Copy as HTML allows you to click paste and the HTML code comes up as apposed to the formated text. This time, the HTML is what I wanted.

I highlighted the line of text before the video straight down to the line of text below the video and copied the HTML. I then pasted in to my favorite text editor and turned what I had in to a web page by adding the proper head, body and other bits around the information. I had to edit the code to close the <embed> tag. I've had to do that before. Somehow, the video sites do not use the trailing </embed> tag so the editor on Blogger blows a gasket. Half the time I can't get the embedded code (the videos) to work if I have touched the code other than a straight up paste.

When I go to my blog, Firefox crashes on my computer. I have too much going on within the main page. I have had to use another plug in called 'flash block' in Firefox on my own site so I can check that things have shown up properly after I post. How messed up is that. It is a travesty. No, it is a wake up call. I'm also backing off to seven days from fourteen on the front page. Not that that is a real fix. I just need to cut back on stupid videos a bit. Only publish what is worth publishing.

Time for a glass of scotch.

No comments: