It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-07-30

Iran could win

Iran wants to put us back in the dark ages. Time to pick up some MREs and water scrubber.


Iran has carried out missile tests for what could be a plan for a nuclear strike on the United States, the head of a national security panel has warned.

In testimony before the House Armed Services Committee and in remarks to a private conference on missile defense over the weekend hosted by the Claremont Institute, Dr. William Graham warned that the U.S. intelligence community “doesn’t have a story” to explain the recent Iranian tests.

One group of tests that troubled Graham, the former White House science adviser under President Ronald Reagan, were successful efforts to launch a Scud missile from a platform in the Caspian Sea.

...

While not explicitly naming Iran, Rumsfeld revealed that “one of the nations in the Middle East had launched a ballistic missile from a cargo vessel. They had taken a short-range, probably Scud missile, put it on a transporter-erector launcher, lowered it in, taken the vessel out into the water, peeled back the top, erected it, fired it, lowered it, and covered it up. And the ship that they used was using a radar and electronic equipment that was no different than 50, 60, 100 other ships operating in the immediate area.”

Iran’s first test of a ship-launched Scud missile occurred in spring 1998, and was mentioned several months later in veiled terms by the Commission to Assess the Ballistic Missile Threat to the United States, a blue-ribbon panel also known as the Rumsfeld Commission.

...

Intelligence reports on the launch were “well known to the White House but have not been disseminated to the appropriate congressional committees,” I wrote. Such a missile “could be used in a devastating stealth attack against the United States or Israel for which the United States has no known or planned defense.”

NewsMax.com


Iran could just as easily be aiming at Europe or Japan for that matter. They only have to do it once to hold the rest of the planet hostage. Let's say they nuke New Zealand in this manor and send it to the stone age. Do you suppose any one would retaliate on the scale that would stop Iran from doing it again? They then put out an email to the heads of state saying "Pay up or else."

What is funny, is I can see Israel surviving an attack like this in tact. Tact enough any way to يمكن فتح من ركلة الحمار.

No lights, no phones, no motor cars, it would suck.

It gets me that If someone were to step up to the plate and just level Iran after an attack and terroristic threat of more happened like I described above, the Iranians have little to fear about being made the bad guy. The one picking the fight would be lost in history while the one saving the world would be condemned at the earliest and every opportunity..

I should have a scotch before I hit they hay. I may need it to clear my mind in order to sleep. I like listening to SciFi books on tape before I go to bed these days. I don't have a problem with imaginable horrors as I drift off to slumber. This. This gives me a stomach ache as I type. I want to dig a bunker in the back yard ans stock it with beer and Playboys. Worry not, I'll get to sleep tonight. I'll wake and go to work in the morning, God willing. I'll surf the net tomorrow. I'll have thoughts like this in the back of my head. The real horrors are people who think they are right and you are wrong, and are willing to kill over it.

No comments: