It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-03-17

What's in a Title

The term engineer has been bastardized to the point that any function that leads to the creation of something is called engineering. Hell, garbage collectors or janitors might be called sanitation engineers to give them a title with some flare. This has lead to the lack of respect for engineering that has pushed the career to foreign shores.

Texas is the only place I know that has rules about someone being called an engineer.  I have no idea how it is enforced. I'm not an engineer, so I cannot say what the rules are. I only know you cannot put engineer on your business card in Texas without a certification or you can get in trouble with the state government.

I'm not certified, but I am certifiable. That counts. Right?

No comments: