It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-03-27

Very Local News

  • Nat came up to work today with a big pot of rice and beans loaded with sausage. She is a keeper.
  • People are already preaching gloom and doom on the economy. Some say we are just going to have to get used to the idea of a static (or stagnant) economy for decades to come. I doubt it.
    There is a backlash of people pissed at billion dollar CEOs and banks that take themselves very seriously. People are sick of being taken for granted as customers.
  • Weather has been nice lately. It is getting more and more humid. Another year in the swamp that is Houston begins. Bet the mosquitoes are bad this year.
  • I remember when the big buzz word was 'blade server". Everywhere you looked you saw "Check out our new BLADE blah-blah". I'm just not impressed.
  • I need to trade contact lenses. The one's I've been waring for the past while are shot I think. They start feeling funny and then start looking funny when they have had it. It's time.
  • Nat called me at work and said she convinced Elle to go outside and play in the back yard. Elle is outside for like a minute. She says "Look at all the purple flowers." Then she says "Hi bee. ... Hi bee ... Hi bee." Nat decided the more prudent option was to retreat back inside, Spring and all. Nature happening all over the place. Could be dangerous.
  • Gas has gone up like a dime in the last week. In the UK, food prices have gone up 30 percent in like a month. I bet they are not far off that number here. It is too depressing to continue that thought.
  • Videos on LiveLeak and other sites suck lately. It is all:
    • People getting hit by cars.
    • Bombs blowing up U. S. soldiers or Jihadies.
    • Some cops/security taking swipes at kids on skateboards.
    • CC footage of people robbing gas stations.
    • Road rage incidents.
    • Buildings failing to fall over on queue.
    • Old Ladies falling down.
    • A bunch of crap about politicians lying. There's some news.
  • Nat helped me get the library books for the blind thing going again. It's been years since I've done that. They will send along the catalog. I bet there are some good books to try. They have popular books too. There are some services like ebooks, but Windows only, and a phone service that will read the paper or magazines aloud. It is a pretty cool deal. I just wonder when the hell I have time to listen to the books.
    Most all the books are unabridged. That's the cool part. I hate audio books that are cut to pieces to give something to illiterate preteens who are too lazy read the frigging book.
  • I plaid a bit of solo musical chairs at work recently. The chair I had was nice, but didn't go up high enough. I tried to use some really ugly pillows to rise myself up an inch or so, but that didn't work. I think I went through four chairs. The crappy one put my family jewels to sleep. A couple of other ones were just plane rickety or uncomfortable. I finally found a chair in someone else's office that worked great. They were happy to trade for a different "guest chair". This may not be the top of the line leather executive, but it rolls easy, sits well, goes up hight enough and has no stains. I'm sold.
    Sitting up high was not a problem until I got the new monitors. What a wonderful problem to have.
  • Does any one actually read these very local news posts?