It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-03-19

To Metro and Back Again

That wasn't so bad. I'll remember to take the whole family next time. Every time I've gone in the past it has been a situation of hurry up and wait. This time they ran us straight through. I think Elle was the hero here.

We got up. drove all the way to Metro's new headquarters at 1900 Main. Got to see the new rail. Nice day. Bit windy. We got to the parking lot. We didn't have change for a ten. Nat went to McDonald's with Elle to get some change. I forged ahead. Crossed the street downtown. Found my way to the MetroLift office. Registered at the door. Then I sat and waited.

I spoke with work a couple of times. I have to say that hearing "This is hard." when describing one of the things I do on a daily basis sounds pretty good. Now I just need to make sure someone kicks off my script this evening.

The moment my family showed up, we were whisked to the interview and were out of the place inside of ten minutes. I'm still grandfathered in to free bus trips. Thank goodness. New people to the system have to pay half price. I heard that change was coming. I wouldn't mind if I had the money. Getting bus rides for free right now is a godsend.

I didn't take a single picture. Never even crossed my mind. Such a pretty day too.

No comments: