It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-03-30

Sunday!

What happened to Saturday? Nat is still passed out. At 03:00 or so, I went to bed. Nat was still up reading her book. Elle is still with her grandfather for the moment. I expect a call any minute. I look forward to her running around, playing with the cats, and telling me she is hungry every five minutes. That girl could have a piece of pizza in her hands and want a fruit cup. Growing. I remember my dad saying the same kinds of things about me.

Maybe I should have mowed today. It is about that time of year where the yard needs attention every weekend. I got paid so it is time to pay the bills. I swear, I like to let the money sit in the account for a day or two just to have the number there. This month will be a good one for money. Between a modest bonus from work, tax refund and a tax rebate, April is going to be a boom. I fully intend to use the money to pay things down and revamp the savings account. Then it is back to noodles and canned beats.

I'm reading blogs and I can tell it is a slow news weekend. The number of posts on the blogs I frequent seem to decrease during the normal news cycle. Very few people make a living just blogging. They tend to have day jobs. Many in academia. So, when most people are watching TV and bitching to the cat, these folks hop on the laptop and plunk their complaints down on a blog. I just spew a bunch of stuff that happens. Oh, I complain. Don't get me wrong.

Some of the things people are blogging include:

  • Obama is loosing steam.
    • Once people get past the race thing and look at his credentials, he looks like a poor bet.
    • The tactics he takes in the race for president make him look just like every other politician in the world. He was supposed to be different.
  • Hillery is a lier
    • No snipers at the airport.
  • McCain is old.
    • but 70 is the new 50.
  • No choice for a conservative this time round. What else is new?
  • Hollywood can't make a movie about the Iraq war that makes money.
    • That's because people still want soldiers to be heroes, not rapists or thieves.
    • It is too current. The war is one of the things people are trying to escape by going to the movies. Dumbass (Hollywood).
  • Freedom os speech is anti Islam.
    • The only speech that needs protection is the speech that people find offensive.
    • The UN and EU make rules against religious condemnation that only mention Islam an never seem to apply to other religions.
  • The success in Iraq of late is as much due to the bribing of militias as it is to any surge in the number of troops.

Meanwhile, I put up posts of car wrecks and cab rides from hell. I guess it all pans out.

No comments: