It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-03-09

Elle, her Dad and computer

Nat and Elle sent Ted an e-card while Nat was trying to set up Windows Live For Elle to be able to surf the net inside a sand box. She told him "I love you." Then she said "That will make him happy." I'm sure it will. She is so happy to please. Except when it comes to chores. Then it's "I don't wanna!!" She is five going on sixteen after all.

Elle is over there overlooking Nat's shoulder supervising. They are sitting on the floor in front of the TV (using it like a computer monitor) setting up the WL settings. I sneezed, loudly. She jumped and in the middle of the jump she said "bless you!" with a smile. The kid is precious.

Soon Elle will have all her favorite games. We will have something worth a pot of gold too. We will have them to hold over her head if when she gets ornery. Oh, and she will learn valuable lessons in how to get around on a computer. why will have a reason to learn to read because you just can't get much done on the internet without reading the instructions. She may even learn how to research things. I bet there is a kid search engine out there.

Elle is both a child and a genius. She grasps complex emotional questions like "Why do people hurt each other?" and "Why do people do things that are wrong?" It is beautiful. She is beautiful.

Sometimes I stop myself from blogging about Elle because I don't want to hurt Ted's feelings. I just can't help it.

UPDATE: Changed IM to ecard.

No comments: