It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-03-12

Calendar

Microsoft just added a bit of programming to Outlook that lets you sync your Outlook calendar to Google Calendar. I use Google Calendar, not Outlook. I do not keep it updated. At first this pissed me off only because I like that feature and any time Microsoft comes out with a feature I like, I get mad.

At my old job it would have been very nice to have a way to get hold of what you were supposed to do in the next five minutes without logging on to the network. Many times I had someone call me from another country to log in and check their calendar for some piece of information they forgot to take with them.

Some problems I've found with calendars is that you A) You have to put data in to them before they are useful and B) you have to check them regularly before they are useful. These are flaws in the design of the calendar concept of the calendar. I do not have a portable device that will work with google calendar.

I know you can print out of Outlook with all kinds of templates. I haven't tried to print out of Google Calendar. There has to be a way to get your information in and out. I would have to sync with Thunderbird or Palm software. I haven't used the palm in so long I don't know if it still works. It is not on the mobile network, so what the hell good is it?  I cannot find Linux software for my phone. I'm screwed.

No comments: