It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-02-23

New weapon and ammo

No, I didn't buy any of these. I'm just blogging about them. Cheaper than a new laptop though.

The gun

I learned about a new pistol and ammunition today. I had heard of Springfield before, but never paid much attention because I knew they didn't really make their weapons. They import weapons from other manufacturers around the world. It even has a feature of the lower pint just below the end of the barrel does not move. This allows you to shove the gun into someone's gut without the slide coming back and thus rendering the gun unable to discharge.

It is a Springfield Armory XD. It comes in several calibers including .45 GAP, which I hadn't heard of until today.

Not a Glock.

The Bullet

I feel stupid not having heard of the .45 GAP until today. This is the .45 ammo used by Glock. ACP stands for Automatic Colt Pistol. GAP understandably stands for Glock Automatic Pistol. There is also a .40 GAP.

The .45 GAP was developed for the Glock 37.

Conclusion

The XD is the firest real competition for Glock I've noticed. There have been other attempts I'm sure. I'm just not in the loop on firearm news. If I were in the market for a new pistol, I would seriously consitter the XD in .40 S&W. That is what I say today at any rate. My mind is hardly made up. Nice accessories though.Ever wonder where the game creators get those freaky weapons.

Update

Another link

No comments: