It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-02-23

Date Night

Nat and I went on a date night. It was fun. We went to Alamo (There is another theater in Houston?) and saw Fools Gold. Save your money. All the previews were for shows that were all about relationships. They were all comedies about relationships. They all had the exact same formula. All the best bits of this movie were in the preview.

They all probably have those scenes that pass for funny these days. Those scenes where people are made uncomfortable enough that the only way out of the uncomfortable feeling is to laugh about it. That just seems like a cheap way to get a giggle out of someone. God forbid you tell a joke. Is it possible to laugh with someone, without laughing at someone?

I sat down in the completely wrong theater. I couldn't get this other title out of my head. I would have swore we were there for the other movie. They were both the some kind of flick. The kind I just got through describing. I really think that I could have sat through either without noticing which I had attended.

I had a BLT and the $5 shake. Nat had a mimosa and the cheese plate. I do not understand how you can eat a bit of cheese and a cracker or two and feel like you had eaten anything. I'm glad she enjoyed it. They have the best BLT sandwiches. They give you a key of bacon.

When Nat and I got home, the cat puked on the carpet right in front of us. I had just changed the cat box. I'm looking forward to doing the dishes and mowing. Yuck.

I then watched Sleuth (2007). Now that is a good movie. It is extremely well made and a good read (it has a plot). It has some hard to watch scenes, but they are supposed to make you feel that way. They are not done to make you giggle, or get sick all over the keyboard. (I watch on the computer) They are there specifically to prod emotion and ponder. They work. I wish I had been watching Sleuth when at Alamo earlier this evening.

No comments: