It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-01-25

Very local notes

  • The coffee at my work is as basic as it comes. It is stock straight from Sam's Club. It isn't bad. Sometimes people bring in flavored coffee and get dirty looks because others don't like the change or surprise. I particularly disliked the blueberry coffee that smelled like the pipe tobacco that my father used to smoke. Honestly, the coffee at my current work is much better than the coffee at my old work. It is a different brand, but I blame the water. Here, we use bottled water. At the old job, they hooked the system up to the tap with tubes. It was a piping design place after all. Well, The tubing made the coffee taste funny.
  • The whole family has the shits. I blame my father. We went over to visit my parents this past weekend. Nat and Elle seem to be most affected. I suppose it is just a matter of time before I fall too. Maybe I'll miss this one. Wouldn't that be something.
  • I had a dream last night involving an old friend of mine named Ed. He just stopped by and waved without saying anything. Yet, I remembered it vividly even a while after I woke up. That scares me. Hopefully it means nothing. My dreams usually add up to nil.
  • Microsoft had a record quarter ever. That pisses me off and I'm not even sure why.
  • Next month, I turn thirty nine years old. That's almost forty. I'm hitting that area in one's life where people typically trade in dreams for security. Well, my dream was security. I've always wanted to be able to support a family. Here I am. We are broke most of the time, but who isn't in this economy.
  • Corn used to be white. A genetic mutation made it yellow. It turns out that darker corn makes for higher vitamin in A. People in some countries have a hard time getting enough. If they switch to a darker corn, it might save huge numbers of children world wide from going blind for lack of dark pigment in the eye. It is orange instead of yellow.
  • I may start rating podcasts on this blog. Not an ongoing chart or anything. Just an if it impresses or pisses me off kind of post. I only listen to about 37 different pods.

No comments: