It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-01-23

UFO or no UFO?

There has been a lot of talk about a UFO in Texas. I heard an interview with an officer who was very specific that he did not see a space ship. He does not know what he saw. Some folks swore fighter jets were chasing the lights. Someone said something was hovering in their back yard. The Air Force denied any jets were  flying that night at first. Then they changed their story.

sometimes I think I would love a flying saucer would land on the front lawn of the Whit House and hold a press conference along side the current president. Just get it all over with. Maybe we, all of humanity, would stop with this attitude of self sustaining arrogance that we make such a huge difference.

Then again, I like the "Mars Attacks" approach. Show up ray guns blazing, take no prisoners. Kill them all and let Quantum sort them out.

Then again, again. I don't know what I want. No videos on YouTube beyond tongue in cheek reports by TV news folks looking for that giggle before bed story. No one takes any one seriously. I've only watched a couple of the videos.

Of course there is an explanation. Humans make the explanation match the circumstances as best they can. That is what an explanation is after all. How do you explain dark matter or the flight of a bumblebee? It would be nice to know for sure, but what is for sure worth. I know for sure that radio waves let me talk over distances without sending a guy on a horse. Tell that to someone on a ship in a storm in the 1700s. Take a flashlight back to the building of the pyramids. Yadda Yadda.

What will tomorrow bring? More HTML editing at work I imagine.

Maybe I'll doom myself and say that nothing interesting ever happens to me. No, I won't say that is far to frightening.

No comments: