It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-01-09

Two parents and three kids

We were out numbered.

Nat offered to babysit a friend's daughters last night. Something about becoming a citizen. Anyway, Nat was running around like a jumping bean this morning trying to get all three kids ready. All girls. I ended up yelling at Elle because she was doing that moan crap when you tell her to do something. Nat didn't come and save her. Nat was just too busy with the other girls. It was great. Elle learned that she has to do what she is told some of the time, and she cant just gripe without consequences.

Elle survived. As a matter of fact, ten minutes later she was helping me put the youngest in her car seat and smiling.

Speaking of car seats, I had all kinds of trouble. I couldn't get one of them apart to get it mounted. The other refused to fit until Nat came and saved me. I felt useless.

I thought I was not handling the situation very well. Nat said I was more calm than she was. I think we were both stressed. I think with some practice and a larger vehicle, we could do it.

I ended up one minute in the red (late) at work and fired off an email to the proper person about why I was late. Once the reason was know there was no further need for explanation. My stress level lowered when I got to work. Hat saying that. It is true.

No comments: