It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-01-14

Politics and the end of the world

Yikes, I'm sick of listening to all the mainstream media rattle on about the primaries, voting records, crying, experience vs change, and any dozen other loads of crap. Yet, I listen. I follow the loads of crap. I just can't help myself. No one has changed my mind yet. I still feel like writing in the name John Robert Bolton. Though, I reserve the right to be completely fickle.

The candidates all sound very concerned about my wallet. The media seems highly concerned about the candidate's wallets. Who is what race/sex and how is that going to affect how people vote? Who is the raciest/sexist scum of America and how are they going to vote?

I've caught myself listening to John Pienaar on the BBC just to get away from U. S. politics for a bit. Yes, I'm still not fulfilling my fix on all this presidential mumbo-jumbo. It is ridiculous. My ears should be bleeding. Yet, I can't get enough.

Liberal Guilt: Feel guilty when one cannot help someone else.
Conservative Guilt: Feel guilty when one cannot stop someone from helping the wrong people for the wrong reasons while spending one's tax dollars.

Notice Liberal Guilt doesn't take money or resources of any kind in to account. Those are my interpretations by the way. You can't blame any one else.

I really enjoy listening to the BBC and other interpretations of our elections. I even like listening to CBS report on the foreign reporting of the presidential race. And, why not? The U. S. economy pulls the rest of the planet behind it. I wonder how much longer that will happen.

Bush thinks he is going to do something with the Middle East besides buy her oil and leave her a bit more beat up than he found it seven years ago. I doubt it. I kind of hope this is some kind or ruse to shame the Palestinians in to stopping the rocket attacks on Israel. I doubt that too. I really think Bush is that wrong.

The Palestinian conflict has two fronts. West Bank and Gaza are now under the control of two different governments more or less. Who is responsible for the rockets? The first thing I want is all parties to agree to stop killing each other. Then, I want them to stick with it. Neither of those are going to happen in the next year. Bush is nuts.

Bill Clinton did the same thing when he was in office. I remember a video of Bill clowning around with the mass murdering, Tom and Jerry watching Arafat. I was nearly sick then. I'm nearly sick now thinking about it. I'm not against talking to these assholes. I'm against thinking you can do something about the issues in the Middle East by throwing a bunch of TV cameras at it and smiling. It pisses me off.

What is it going to take to fix the problems in the Middle East. Well, cooperation, and a common goal of living aside one another without killing each other. That or genocide/faithocide on a scale not yet wrought on this planet. I'm for the former, but don't have much faith in the current collection of shit-heads in charge of the world. As it stands right now this world is hurtling toward the latter. I don't want to live in that world.

I'm not sure it really matter who is president next. They are all going to face the same set of problems plus some new ones. I bet things are going toward a recession. I think people really want out of the war in Iraq so badly that the next administration will be forced to pull out before anything is properly achieved in Iraq. Not that anything that looks like a win will ever be properly achieved there.

No comments: