It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-01-04

Circle of light

I sat through a podcast today of a guy talking about the research he is working on from Antarctica. They have a huge telescope down there that is receiving microwaves from the <echo>"edge of the universe"</echo>. Hey, that's great. They keep referring to the light as very old. Fourteen billion years is the number that comes to memory. If you cannot see anything from that far away because the light deteriorates to the point you cannot accurately define it, isn't it possible that you just can't 'see' any farther than that? Isn't it possible that the universe is consistent to infinity, we just can't tell because we don't know how to properly detect it?

This debate is one that I've griped about before too. The guy kept saying 'dark matter' like a fact. He seemed to think looking as far out as possible would answer the question. I'm skeptical.

It's getting to where I hate scientists. They are all full of crap and themselves. This podcast was basically one scientist being interviewed by another scientist terned journalist. The "who is paying for this?" question at least came up. The answer sounded like it was spewing from a politician. I could tell this guy was used to justifying every penny. I suppose someone has to.

Why won't dark matter just DIE!!!?

No comments: