It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-12-25

Ah, another Christmas Day

Today is the Christmas day of my thirty eighth year. I liked it.

Elle got a haul. She got a bunch of cloths, and a bunch of toys. She got some books and movies too. She got a camera. She took a million pictures. Chip off the old block.

Nat got some movies she wanted and a Harry Potter throw blanket. She got a little water fountain thing that is really cool We are going to have to put it where the cats can't get to it. She got some nice oil lamps.

I got a pocket knife, Flashlight, Sweet Tarts, Home Depot gift card. Nat gave me a really cool mat that has a vibrating thing that feels good.

This Christmas has reminded me very much of holidays from my early twenties. There were a couple of Thanksgivings where I hit three dinners. There were a couple of Christmases where I opened presents three times. Come to think of it, we opened presents in three places this time too. We spent most of the day in the car.

Now we are home and things are winding down. I'm watching an old version of Sweeney Todd. I sent out a Merry Christmas text earlier and have received about ten responses. I love it when people respond. Ken called out of the blue last night. That was awesome.

I want to hear how my friend's Christmases went. I want to know their Christmas stories. I want them to have had a good Christmas, as good as ours.

Nat gave the cats their presents this evening. One of which was catnip. The cats fight over the toys that have catnip on them. Nat just had to lock up one of the cats to keep them from killing each other.

It is supposed to rain tomorrow. Thursday I will mow if I can. The yard needs a bit of tidying up. Feels funny mowing so close to new year's day. that is Texas for you.

It is off with me to bed. I will release the cat from the utility room before he knocks down the door. I'll kiss my wife and child and stumble to vibrating bed to dream of future Christmases.

No comments: