It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-12-28

Presidential Candidate

Well, I figured out who I'm going to vote for.

  • He is conservative.
  • He is focused.
  • Every time I hear him talk, he says things that I wish all public figures would say.
  • He makes sense.
  • He understands our enemies as far as I can tell.
  • He knows that fighting is not the best way to win a war.
  • He is a no-shit kind of guy. (see quote below)
  • He was kicked out of the UN because he would not stop telling it like it is.
  • I can spell his name.

His name is John (Robert) Bolton. It is good that I can spell his name because I'm going to write it in to the ballot next Fall. Not sure he wants the job.


He was part of the State Department's delegation to six-party talks on the North Korean nuclear program in 2003. He was removed from the delegation after describing Kim Jong-il as a "tyrannical dictator" and saying that, for North Koreans under Kim's rule, "life is a hellish nightmare." In response, a North Korean spokesman said "such human scum and bloodsucker is not entitled to take part in the talks." Congressional Democrats argued that Bolton's words at the time were undiplomatic and endangered the talks. Critics argue that Bolton's record of allegedly politicizing intelligence will harm U.S. credibility with the United Nations which has many current problems. President Bush said he wants John Bolton because he "can get the job done at the United Nations."
...
"There is no such thing as the United Nations. There is only the international community, which can only be led by the only remaining superpower, which is the United States."[38] He also stated that "The Secretariat building in New York has 38 stories. If you lost ten stories today, it wouldn't make a bit of difference."
...
"the United Nations can be a useful instrument in the conduct of American foreign policy."

I really like that last one. When Bolton is asked a question regarding U. S. Policy, he answers with the U. S. goals in mind and nothing else. If it happens that someone else will benefit so be it. Otherwise, It is the U. S. that will get what it wants.

He is a prick. I bet he would do a horrible job running the country. Not nearly as horrible as the people who are running will end up doing. I have zero confidence in any one who has thrown their hat in the ring. If someone came along and promised to veto everything that came across the president's desk the entire four years, I'd vote for them.

So, as of today, I intend to write in John Robert Bolton. Tune in tomorrow when I'll push Merlin, our cat for president.

No comments: