It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-11-30

Little Difference

I'm warring my watch again lately. I seemed to have given it up for a while. I'm also back to warring my contacts the last couple of days.

It has been so long since I've worn my watch that I misread the time yesterday by an hour at one point. It is an analog watch. I'm so used to 24 hour time that I loose track thinking in terms of "quarter till" and "half past". I like the sweep feel of an analog time piece. I need one that does 24 hour time. I like the visual queue you get by imagining the appropriate hand sweeping forward to another time and counting the number of ticks it goes past. It gives a sense of how long until something happens, more so than a digital read out. At least, it does for me.

The contacts have been in my bag for weeks. Every since I got my new bifocals, I haven't been warring my contacts. That means the whole Faire season has been glasses.

I forget how much better I can see with contacts. It is not a huge difference, but it is noticeable, especially at night and off toward the horizon. Well, contacts are better as long as they are sitting right. They have a history of messing up after long day. That is normal from what I hear. I don't know how long this little trend will last. I figure until the next time my contacts piss me off.

No comments: