It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-11-27

Fedora 8 Upgrade

Well, it went better than I expected. It took all night for everything to install and then it took me most of the evening to the the repo links working. The way you get yum to point to the new repo is by typing it in by hand or using an RPM to force the upgrade of the files. I did it by hand. It took me several tries to get the auto stuff back to the auto settings on both of my machines.

The good news is that everything seems to have worked and upgraded. Most everything is working except Nedit. Nedit never seems to work. This time Nedit closes down every time I try to paste. That means it is useless to me.

Flash works, Mplayer works, Firefox works, aMule works, web server works. Other stuff seems to be flowing well.

The new Gedit doesn't want to set the background to black and the foreground to white. The default settings are kind of hard to read.

I"m sure there are some other changes that will make my life a living normal. I'm sure I'll bitch about the troubles it causes here in the blog. Hey, at least I can post.

No comments: