It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-10-04

Work Server

Normally I do not post about work stuff. However, we have one cutting edge, powerful server at work. It is beyond top of the line. Here are a couple of the juicier stats.

processor               : 8 (cores total)
processor model name    : AMD Opteron (tm) Processor 875
cpu MHz                 : 1997.408
MemTotal                : 63553232 kB (64 GB of RAM)

The drives are high speed SCSI. The OS is RedHat 64 bit. Nice. Let me tell you, man, this box is cherry.

The only software I would really love to try out on this ox of a computer is Cinelerra.

There are more powerful servers out there, but I've never had the chance to play with one this weighty. I can't wait to look back on this blog entry in five years and laugh at those numbers. "My phone can beat that." Let's hope anyway.

The only bad thing about this computer is that it is a loaner for testing. We have to give it back.


No comments: