I got it running. Well, I got it to work as far as the interface
popping up and acting like it it working. I have not yet used Picard to organize
my MP3 collection.
One of the guys at work warned me aoubt the dependancy trouble. Sure
enough, it was a pain in the butt to get the wx stuff to show up.
wxPython is already on my machine, but nothing can find it. You
basically have to make a symbolic link to the wx folder under your
working Python folder. Sometimes that works and some times it does not.
Then you have to go through every missing dependancy and track them
down. Either you get them through yum, or you just have to hack them
out one by one. Any one of wich could be some duct tape back-water pice
of code that will never forgive the less than expert.
There really needs to be a better way to get software installed and
working under Linux. I've wined about this enough on this blog. I'm
putting one in the win collumn for the moment. I'm sure ifthe software
blows up in my face you will hear about it.