It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-10-02

Picard (MusicBrainz)

I got it running. Well, I got it to work as far as the interface popping up and acting like it it working. I have not yet used Picard to organize my MP3 collection.

One of the guys at work warned me aoubt the dependancy trouble. Sure enough, it was a pain in the butt to get the wx stuff to show up. wxPython is already on my machine, but nothing can find it. You basically have to make a symbolic link to the wx folder under your working Python folder. Sometimes that works and some times it does not.

Then you have to go through every missing dependancy and track them down. Either you get them through yum, or you just have to hack them out one by one. Any one of wich could be some duct tape back-water pice of code that will never forgive the less than expert.

There really needs to be a better way to get software installed and working under Linux. I've wined about this enough on this blog. I'm putting one in the win collumn for the moment. I'm sure ifthe software blows up in my face you will hear about it.

No comments: