It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-10-22

Friday thoughts

Bus This Morning

Friday 2007-10-18

The man who sat next to me was in his forties I'd say. He wore thick black frame glasses. He never looked down at the book in front of him that was open to a page covered in tables. His eyes were out the front window.

The lady in the seat to the front of me was a bleach blond. She appeared to be about my age I'd say. Another lady with bleach blond highlights, about the same age sat next to her. A couple of stops later, she got up and moved seats. I'm not sure why. When she got on, she and some guy exchanged glances.

A lady got on at one point that reminded me of Emma from my old job. I don't know why. She looked nothing like Emma.

I did not hear a single word that any one said. I listen to news on my morning commute. I've heard stories about people having friends on the bus. I used to have friends on the school bus.

I tend to bump in to a lot of people during my exit from the bus. I try to be kind and take the window seat so someone else can take the isle seat. I get on early and get off pretty early too. This means I have to get past the people in the seat in front of me and the person who usually just stood up to let me pass. With my back pack, I tend to bump in to people's heads on the way out.

Lately, I don't remember riding the bus. The trip does not entry my memory. I had to consciously think about remembering things this morning.

The walk was nice this morning. The weather is supposed to be cool and clear until Sunday. It would be a great weekend for camping at Faire.

Left vs right

Friday 2007-10-18

My prescription is pretty close in both my eyes. I wonder if Zenni put the right eye prescription in both eyes. My left eye is just a hair off. That may just be my prescription changing. I got the numbers off my contact box and guessed at the bifocal number. They seem to have worked. I like the result for the most part.

My left eye is was a bit fuzzy at distance. The last couple of days I've been closing my right eye at times when I can to work my left eye harder. I've done this kind of thing before. It takes about two days of consistency to get a result. The result is my left eye ends up seeing as well as my right. My left eye is nearly always better close up. Lefty is the one I read with for the most part.

When I shoot I try to use both eyes and both hands. I switched bowling hands from right to left many years ago because I hurt my right ring ginger in a door. The first mouse I ever used was left handed so now I use the mouse left handed. I used a PDA left handed. Sometimes I draw with my left hand. That just works sometimes.

I've read that ambidextrous people live longer, and left handed people loose like five or ten years to right handed people. I wonder if that makes any difference really. Left handed people probably suffer ill health from frustration.

It's amazing how often this subject comes up.

Thinking Range

Friday 2007-10-18

I was at lunch this afternoon when I started thinking about sniper rifles. Standing on the roof of a building effects me like that. I wasn't thinking anything innovative. I was just wondering how that guy who hit the bad guy at 3/4 of a mile felt just before and after the shot. I looked around for a land mark 3/4 of a mile away to get some prospective. I want a real range finder. You know just to play with off the top level of the parking garage.

A car caught on fire in the Whole Foods parking lot. I think that is where it was. The smoke was thick. It took the firefighters a minute to get set up and put the fire out. The people who's cars were right next to the one on fire were probably freaking out. That I saw from my office window. The news helicopter showed up. I suppose they see smoke and head that way.


No comments: