It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-09-01

YouTube Rights

Here we go. Lawyers are making inroads to force YouTube filter audio that people put in their videos on the site. I know Nat has music in the background of all her videos. Her videos are mostly series of pictures to music. (I usually don't like those slide shows.) Soon, you will have to pay a fee in order to post videos that contain any copyrighted material.

I envision a day when even having someone walk by in a T-shirt with a logo on it requires a payment. I should patent a blank screen and a quiet hiss in the background. I would make a fortune and RIAA would do my fighting for me. there is no such thing as fare use. It is a mystical beast that saved virginal maidens from the jaws of evil dragons. In reality you have to fight a bunch of geeks with briefcases that are far more frightening than dragons. They can take everything you ever held dear and not only make it look like you were the one who did something wrong, but walk away with a fat check in their pocket to boot.

You're just another victim.
Just another victim, kid.

Just another victim.
Just another victim, kid.

Even that quote will cost me one of these days.

No comments: