It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-09-13

Elle's first morning of a new school

I wish I could watch Elle's first day at her new school. This day will last to her. She will discover new friends. She will learn how to be a bit more of a person today. The first of things that we must do mold us into what we are. What other things will she find at this new place, with these new people?

I did get to experience the first morning before the first day of a new school. "I don't like you any more!!!" "I don't like my hair clip any more!!!" "I don't like my seatbelt any more!!!" This is what we parents call one of those mornings. I think Nat was as nerves as Elle.

When I told Elle she needed to stop crying in to her dress or she would get snot all over it she sat up, leaned forward and said "EEEEEEE!!!" and went right back to crying. I'm not versed in four year old, but I'm pretty sure that was a place holder for "fuck you!" ... Four going on sixteen.

Nat tells me she had fix Elle's hair by running her fingers through it and pin it up with a Macgyver mechanism from what was in the car before Elle walked in to class. What a mom-moment. I'm sorry I missed it.

I think the bad day started when I tried to help Elle brush her teeth this morning. When I put toothpaste on a tooth brush I put it on the side of the bristles in stead of the top. This is because I tend to drop the toothpaste if I put it on the top of the bristles. I don't drop the toothpaste if I put it on the side. The trouble comes when I try to cut off the last bit of paste. That is when the bristles bend and snap, throwing off the toothpaste. Though Elle and I had gone over this issue in the past a couple of times, she dimply would not hear of the toothpaste lying on the side of the bristles this morning. From now on, I'll send her to Nat for toothpaste help.

Elle says she enjoyed her first day. I'm so very glad. Something about sitting on line, and learning her abc's. She needs the help.

No comments: