It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-09-25

Bus deaf and vinal records

I got on the bus this morning. Nothing different about that. I was listening to NPR. They hit some stupid story and I switched to another channel for a moment. They had real live record playing. I mean the kind that are made of vinal. How do I know? Because they had it playing at the wrong speed. This singing voice comes on that sounds like the Wizard of Oz. Someone threw the stitch after a couple seconds.

I cracked up. With my goatee, people have a hard time telling when I smile it seems. The lady across the isle asked if I needed a hankie. I had to ask her three times to repeat herself because I could not hear her on the bus. Between the engine, AC and general creeks and moans of the hoopty bus, it was like she was whispering. it is not the first time that sort of thing has happened.

This station is KPFT. They are the local ultra liberal, tree-hugger station. That is not easy in Houston TX. They constantly wine about big business then use interns and volunteers for everything. Then, they complain about being broke. They are too proud to have real jobs I guess. That gets you people who have no idea how to play a vinal record.

No comments: