It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-08-14

Written 2007-08-13 (sorry)

What she said

I have a friend who went hang gliding in Houston. Actually on Lake Houston. It sounds much more fun in her words.


You go out on a boat with a big kite on the back.  Once you get to the open are of the lake, you get into a harness on the hang glider along with the instructor (it’s tandem).  The boat hauls ass, you go up high.  Once at the right altitude (or when the boat has to turn), the cord is cut loose and a little parachute comes out of it so it stays in the air while the wench hauls it back in.  And we’re free flying.   1600-2100 feet in the air. In about 20 minutes, gravity bring you back down.

The kite has pontoon on the side, so it stays out of the water along with our arms & head, but the rest of your body goes in the water & you hang out until the boat comes around to pick you up.

Anna Banana

Now, that sounds like a ball. I put a bug in her ear about figuring out a way to video the next time she goes.

Very Local News

  • I got out of the shower this morning and looked in the mirror while stroking the go-tee that I intend to grow back. I realized, I had just shaved it off without even thinking about it.
  • I missed a really cool party this weekend because I wasn't feeling well. My back hurt and I felt ill from weed-eating earlier in the day. Nat took me home after an hour. She has a bunch of cool stories. I missed a hell of a party. I need to stop doing that.
  • I want to shoot and publish more videos. It is fun.
  • The magic of mowing my own lawn is gone.

No comments: