It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-08-14

Vacation Days

UK complains about 20(28) days vacation a year. They are fighting to get 28 days. Some folks in Germany get 45 days. I get ten. This frigging pisses me off. I'm sick of killing myself to break even. We need a revolution of the workers in the country. I want more time with my family that is not between work and more work. What is the point of life if I have to work 24/7? Too bad I don't have the time to start a revolution.


  • Denmark: 39.5 (days off a year); 
  • Austria: 38; 
  • Sweden: 36; 
  • Slovakia: 35; 
  • Luxembourg: 35; 
  • France: 35; 
  • Germany: 34-39; 
  • Portugal: 34; 
  • Czech: Republic 33; 
  • Slovenia: 33; 
  • Italy: 32; 
  • Spain: 32; 
  • Greece: 32; 
  • Poland: 31; 
  • Finland: 31; 
  • Bulgaria: 31; 
  • Belgium: 30; 
  • Hungary: 30; 
  • Romania: 30; 
  • Ireland: 29; 
  • Netherlands: 28-29; and 
  • UK: 28.

...

The UK may be at the bottom of the EU league table, but it is still well ahead of many other nations; in Canada and Japan, workers are guaranteed only 10 days of paid leave per year while the USA does not have any legal minimum for paid leave.

Workplacelaw.net


What a bunch of babies. Denmark gets 40 days a year and they get to smoke dope and they got legal hookers. ... What am I waiting for? How hard can it be to get Danish citizenship? Oh, wait, that's the Netherlands. Frigging U. S. schools. OK, 28/29 days. Not too shabby.

No comments: